Have you ever wondered, “Why are we doing this?” or “Is there a better way to do this?” in your organization? Through his research, Lance has found that certain individuals, organizations, journals and academic institutions act as “bellwethers," or unofficial trendsetters when it comes to management thinking. These bellwethers promote trends virally until they become obsolete and ineffective. In this seminar, Lance shows you eight examples of the most counterproductive business trends and, in each case, proposes an alternative that could lead to transformative and inspiring culture.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- Why fear-based management doesn't work
- Why inspiration is more beneficial than motivation
- How separateness and silos lead to dysfunction
- Alternative methods for performance reviews and pay scales
- How to shift from a mission statement to a DREAM