Customers always have an experience when they interact with an organization. They cannot avoid one. Management Lessons from Mayo Clinic reveals for the first time how this complex service organization fosters a culture that exceeds customer expectations and earns deep loyalty from both customers and employees. Service business authority Leonard Berry and Mayo Clinic marketing administrator Kent Seltman explain how the Clinic implements and maintains its strategy, adheres to its management system, executes its care model, and embraces new knowledge – invaluable lessons for managers and service providers of all industries.
Leonard and Kent teach us essential, revolutionary tips such as:
- Customers consciously and unconsciously filter a barrage of clues and organize them into a set of impressions -- some rational, some emotional.
- Instill confidence through teamwork
- Exceeding customer expectations requires the element of pleasant surprise
- Know the Story You Want to Tell
- Manage the Little Clues Well, not just the Big Ones
- Be High Tech and High Touch
- Invest in Alignment
- And many more…